Year End Award Roundup 2018 edition


2018 is coming to an end and I have written very little in our blog. I will make amends for that in 2019, but it starts today. 

Year-End wrap up on the Awards:
Philip K. Dick Award 2018: Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn
British SF Novel 2018: The Rift by Nina Allan (also won The Kitschies Award for Best Novel)
Nebula Awards Novel 2018: The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin  
Nebula Awards Novella 2018: All Systems Red by Martha Wells (if you haven’t read this, then do yourself a favor and read all the Murderbot books!) also won the Locus Award for Best Novella
Lambda Award 2018: Autonomous by Annalee Newitz
Locus Award for SF Novel 2018: The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
Locus Award for Fantasy Novel 2018: The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin (2)
Locus Award for Horror Novel 2018: The Changeling by Victor LaValle (an amazing novel!!)
Arthur C. Clarke Award 2018: Dreams Before the Start of Time by Anne Charnock
Hugo Award for Best Novel 2018: The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin (3)
Hugo Award for Best Novella 2018: All Systems Red by Martha Wells (3)
British Fantasy Awards for Best Fantasy Novel 2018: The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams
British Fantasy Awards for Best Horror Novel 2018: The Changeling by Victor LaValle (2)
World Fantasy Award for Best Novel 2018 (tie): The Changeling by Victor LaValle (3) &
Jade City by Fonda Lee (also won Australia’s Aurora Award 2018)

Big winners this year was N.K. Jemisin and Martha Wells. I really need to read N.K. Jemisin's trilogy, I have been remiss. On-the-other-hand, I loved all the Martha Wells Murderbot books this year and highly recommend them! 
Looking at that list reminds me of how many great books we’ve read this year, in the club and outside of it.  I would have to say that I’m a bit flummoxed at what my top SF books would be for this year. But, I will try. It would be great if anyone wants to pipe in and let everyone know what their favorite reads of the year were.

Comments